Hi Fairfield Youth Football Families,
I know it is barely spring with the weather, but we are excited to announce registration for the fall 2019 Fairfield Youth Football Flag season is officially open! Thanks to all of you, the league has experienced phenomenal growth over the past few years! However, due to limited field space and making sure teams are not too big it is important that you are aware each division will need to have registration limits, so please sign your child up as quickly as possible! Once each division is filled, registrants will be moved to a wait list. Please let other friends and families know that registration is open if they have not played before so they are not left out!
Important - Registration will close August 1st or when each division is filled (whichever comes first) . Registration cutoff is earlier than previous years because due to the number of players, more time is needed to build teams, order the uniforms, commence practice, and confirm schedules.
Coaches, both head and assistants, in every division are always needed, so please consider volunteering for the upcoming season when you register. It is only a 2-hour weekly commitment and is incredibly fun and rewarding. Please note, we do NOT collect school information and are not able to group players with their friends due to size and team balancing.
- May 1, Registration opens
- Cost is $250 per player with a $50 discount per sibling
- After each division is full, anyone registering will be moved to a “wait list”, we will pull off of the waitlist based on grade and earliest registered
- Anyone registering after July 15th will be charged $300 per player
- August 1 Registration closes
- Practice will begin in late August and first games are slated for September 6th and 7th
- Games will be on Friday evenings and all day Saturday at Sullivan Field
- The season will consist of regular season games, jamboree and conclude with playoffs for all teams!
- Each coach will have a set night for practice
- We will continue to offer 4 Divisions that will be set up for 2019-20 school age; Kindergarten, 1st/2nd (Junior), 3rd/4th (Middie) and 5th/6th (Senior)
- For the Kindergarten Division we will be partnering with the Fieldhouse in town once again which was a great fit to introduce them to football for the first time in a safe, age-specific, organized environment! We would still love parents to help out!
- All kids in Junior, Middie and Senior will be provided a soft helmet (new to Junior division this year), uniform, flag belt and FYF gear
On Behalf of Fairfield Youth Football, and the flag committee, we would like to thank you for considering FYF Flag. We look forward to making 2019 an even better season for the players and their families! If you have any questions please do not hesitate to reach out to Brendan Sullivan at